Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Almost Wordless Wednesday


I finished up Gemma's New York Beauty for our Wombat Stew bee this week. Actually there is still one seam I need to rip and get to line up better but I had to put it down for a couple of days and go back with fresh eyes.
I could have, should have started with a simpler curved project since I had never done curves before but nothing like jumping in head first. I loved the piecing part and i loved the curves when they lined up but there it can be a bit tricky and what works for one person may not work for another.  It seems when the horizontal lines up the vertical doesn't. Murphy's law!?! The truth of the matter is I really did love making this despite all the time it took and I am planning my next one.


Now I am chugging along on the La Salama quilt which I want to finish by the end of this weekend so I can mail it off. Hope you are having a great day! Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.
                                                             WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Your NYB block looks great! Can't wait to see what you are making for La Salama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block looks amazing! Love the pattern and the colours! I have to say that you are very patient, Gina. :-) I am sure it's only you who can see that seam that needs to be redone. To me it looks perfect. Good luck with finishing your La Salama quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gina! Your New York Beauty Block is fabuous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a marvellous job on the New York Beauty! I like how yo have used a couple of different shades of grey too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh the colours in the NYB are amazing!!! Love the flow and movement in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous NYB block Gina, it looks stunning with the light behind it almost looks like it is spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! The result is wonderful!!!! It really looks perfect, Gina! I love it, the colors are great, the pattern is nice... great job! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely WONderful Gina!!! Along with the gorgeous fabrics and colors, it looks like you have really done a great job on that (California?) Beauty!!!!! I love the aqua ring too..just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is gorgeous!! It is like a stained glass window.... so beautiful with the contrasts against the grays!
    I know that it won't be long until you have the NYB block mastered!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so beautiful on the glass - I am in awe. You've inspired me to plan on getting my scraps out for a New York Beauty block soon, just have to print off the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out fantastic Gina! I love how the colours pop off the grey, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my heart would you look at that! I've never done curves either and would probably be in the fetal position if asked to make that block. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you a glutton for punishment?! Your block is astoundingly beautiful, which to my non-quilting mind translates to excruciatingly painful! Lol! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and yes; maybe go a little easier on yourself for your next first:) I like to ease myself into new things slowly. Like, over the course of a few years....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful block and worth all the hard work! I can't imagine the hours gone into it - it has quite an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so beautiful! I can't imagine the time it took to get it to look so perfect! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Gina! How did I miss this post? Such a beautiful block and you photographed it in my favourite way ... stained glass perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely adore this block G! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete